DIY Facial Fun.
So I’ve been dying lately over the amount of hyperpigmentation on my skin (aka Sun Spots). Considering that my schedule right now is so jam packed, I have not had the time to pamper and take care of myself like I should… something I’m sure we are ALL guilty of at times. At my wits end I was desperate one night, and just felt the need to try ANYTHING to get my skin to feel and look healthier, and add some glow.
We always hear about the DIY projects… so I took to my kitchen to look for some items that I’ve read about, but haven’t actually tried. I figured it’s a great way to ensure I’m only putting natural ingredients on my skin, and also to save a few $$ in the process. Turns out these home concoctions were amazing!!
After my trials, my skin felt fresh, tight, and my under-eye fine lines were completely minimized and I had no puffiness the next morning. Ready to get gorgeous!?!?
What you’ll need:
- Facial Cleanser
- 1 Organic Lemon
- 1-Tablespoon Organic Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Coffee Grinds (all I had was Starbucks Veranda Blend coffee… but I’d recommend an organic blend)
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- Toning Spray
What To Do:
1) Start by cleansing your face with your favorite Cleanser. I used the Aveeno Positively Radiant Facial Cleanser. Be sure to avoid hot water when rinsing your face.
2) Next apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to your face with a clean makeup brush. When around eyes, be sure to brush up to the cheekbone. Be prepared for the tingling/peppery sensation!!
3) Next apply fresh coffee grinds to the under-eye area and pat them on. It’s ok if the coffee grinds and fresh lemon mix in the under-eye area. Allow to sit on the skin for 10 minutes. Here is what you’ll look like at this point… hahaha!
4) Next rinse face with warm water. For a little extra oomph, I even grabbed a towel, soaked it hot water, wrung out the water, and used it to “steam clean” my face. If you do this just make sure to be extra gentle on the skin as the towel if applied to forcefully, may be too harsh on the skin.
5) Next mix 1-tablespoon honey with granulated sugar to almost make a paste. Add lemon to get the desired consistency. Apply mixture to the skin in gentle circular motions for 2 minutes. Doing so will help penetrate the honey and lemon into the skin, and ensure a great exfoliation!
6) Once you’ve massaged the skin, let the mixture sit an additional 8 minutes.
7) Rinse skin with cold water to close pores.
8) Follow with a spritz of toner. I like to use Osmosis Clear.
9) Next finish with your favorite nightly moisturizer. I used a cocktail of Osmosis Quench and Immerse to lavish my skin with hydration.
10) All done! Well don’t you look lovely!
You can also mix all ingredients and use this as a body scrub!!! Just make sure to pay extra close attention to the elbows, knees, feet and hands and rub in circular motions for 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse. Enjoy the silky softness of your smooth skin.
So why did I choose these ingredients!?! Well here you go…
Benefits of the Ingredients:
Lemon – A natural source of Vitamin C. This ingredient is commonly used to lighten sun and age spots and even out skin tone. It also acts as a natural astringent that tightens pores and brightens the complexion.
Sugar – A natural exfoliator that evens out skin tone, cleans pores, and improves overall skin texture by removing dead, dull skin cells.
Honey – A natural source of anti-oxidants making it a perfect ingredient for age prevention. It is also a natural humectant so it locks water into the skin keeping the complexion hydrated, and it also helps reduce breakouts!
Coffee Grinds – A natural source of caffeine. Caffeine will help shrink and minimize the find lines around the eyes, and decrease any puffiness. Note that this is a temporary fix, and will not turn back the aging clock!
Let me know how you like this after you try it!! Leave me a note in the comment section below!!!
Hope you Enjoy!!!